Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
These vegan peanut butter cookies will melt in your mouth. Add a glass of (non-dairy) milk and ... yum yum yum!
You don't have to be vegan to enjoy these delicious goodies either. Let your non-vegan friends give them a try and see if they don't want more!
Choose peanut butter that is smooth for delicious creamy cookies or chunky for some added texture.
- margarine - Earth Balance brand (1/2 cup)
- peanut butter - natural (1 cup)
- sugar - Wholesome brand (1/2 cup)
- brown sugar - Wholesome brand (1/2 cup)
- maple syrup (1/2 tbsp)
- water (1/2 tbsp)
- non-dairy milk - soy, almond, or rice (3 tbsp)
- vanilla (1 tsp)
- flour (1 1/4 cups)
- salt (1/4 tsp)
- baking powder (1/4 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cream margarine and peanut butter together.
- Stir in sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, water, milk and vanilla.
- Stir salt, baking powder, and cinnamon into flour.
- Add dry mixture gradually to wet mixture stirring in between additions.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on to cookie sheet.
- Flatten the tops of the balls with a fork making a criss-cross pattern (like tic tac toe).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, checking after 8 as ovens will differ.
- Cookies will be slightly brown on the bottom when done.
- Cool and eat!
Variations for Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Add non-dairy chocolate chips or chunks (Enjoy Life brand). Chunks are great added to the tops just after they come out of the oven.
- Instead of flattening cookies with a fork, use your thumb in the middle of the ball. Add some strawberry or raspberry jam when they have cooled ... mini pb & js!
- Put some non-dairy chocolate or vanilla "ice cream" between two cookies.
- Crumble cookies into non-dairy "ice cream" and add some chocolate chips or shavings. Gives a peanuty twist to cookies and cream.