Cupcake toppers are a great solution when you need some cute cupcakes but don't have a ton of time to give them decorations. Toppers can be anything from an edible treat to a paper message on a pick ... like these!
And guess what? We have free printables for you. You can even customize the message. Click one of the links below and drag your cursor across the text in one circle to highlight it. All circles will change automatically.
If you'd prefer a picture, search on line for some images to match your party's theme. Or use photos of your guest of honor. (Or maybe that would look creepy.)
Melting chocolate (aka candy melts) is another great way to make some quick cupcake toppers. (This is the chocolate that re-hardens after a bit.) You don't need to be an artist to do this. Here's how:
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring at 10-second intervals to avoid burning.
- Scoop into a ziploc bag. Freezer bags are preferable because they're more sturdy.
- Remove as much air as possible and seal the zipper.
- Snip off the tiniest corner from the bottom of the bag. Just when you think you're making the hole small enough, make it even smaller.
- Draw a design on to wax paper and let harden. If you don't want to freehand, print out a shape, place the wax paper over top and then trace it out.
- Note: don't make your designs too thin or they will break easily.
Ideas for Designs
- Make a different letter for each cupcake spelling out your message. You could print out the message in a large font and trace it.
- Use candy molds
- Match the season or holiday - snowflakes, hearts, Easter eggs, etc.