The Best Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
This oatmeal raisin cookie recipe gives you chewy, delicious cookies. It really is the best recipe we have tried. Raisins give them an even chewier texture and also sweeten them up a bit. They are really good without raisins too. Or you could try adding some chocolate chips. (Or both!)
Make some miniature-sized cookies to give out as party favors. Shorten the baking time slightly if you make small cookies.
- oil (3/4 cup)
- sugar (1 cup)
- maple syrup (3/4 cup)
- liquid - soymilk, apple juice, water, or a combination (1/3 cup)
- vanilla extract (2 tsp)
- flour (2 1/2 cups)
- baking soda (1/2 tsp)
- sea salt (1 tsp)
- cinnamon (3/4 tsp)
- rolled oats (3 cups)
- raisins or chocolate chips (1/2 cup)
Another yummy variation is to lighten up on the oats and add some shredded coconut in its place. Especially if you have opted for chocolate chips. The combination of oats, coconut, and chocolate is delicious! mmmmmmm!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Blend oil and sugar in a large bowl. (You will add the dry ingredients to these after they are blended.)
- Add in the rest of the wet ingredients, mixing completely.
- Combine flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon in a separate bowl and stir.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in rolled oats and then raisins and/or chocolate chips.
- Space dough in even spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. A longer baking time makes the cookies crispier, and a shorter time makes them chewier.